Lapel

I started teaching with only the books and class records in tow for several years. I observed other members of the faculty crisscrossing on my way on the hallways wearing microphone headset with small amplifier which they would carry with them along with their books.

I started to wonder why they would bring tools to enhance their voices in their classes since upon talking with them personally, I observed they are gifted with modulated voices and there was no need for them for their voices enhanced.

Out of curiosity, I asked where to buy the lapel and eventually bought one for myself.

At first I used them occasionally because I didn't like the bulky feeling of carrying the lapel as well as the microphone with it in my classes.

I noticed eventually that when I used the lapel, I felt relaxed after I finished my classes in a day. A far cry from when I didn't use it then that I felt so weary. I also noticed that I didn't have to raise my voice in the class when I was wearing the lapel, hence, little energy can be exerted in the lectures.

When I was getting used to using the lapel, I needed to level up on the equipment since the lapel I was using is of low power wattage, and the quality of my voice was dismal considering the static reverberations accompanying my voice. And then the lapel eventually broke down and cannot be repaired anymore due to unavailable parts in electronics stores.

I bought one with 30 watts power to my satisfaction. I have been using Trident TRA-919 ever since, not only because of the quality of its high volume sound but also because of its bluetooth connectivity.

Aside from its use in teaching, I found another use for my lapel, and that is it's music speaker with friends binge-drinking together. The lapel can have USB flash drives, sd cards, and cellular phones through bluetooth as sources of music, not to mention its radio am/fm capability.

I so loved my lapel that I sought for another in case the one I have been using breaks down. When I went abroad, I tried to buy one but I could not find any. The store I bought my lapel locally ran out of stock so I frantically look for its kind in Taiwan, Hongkong, Thailand, and Cambodia. Every time I went back home from those places, I was empty-handed. Eventually I bought online to my delight.

I bought extra for those interested.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Trying Something New

Masks Save Us